Caringo Delivers a Complete Cloud Storage Software Solution with …
AUSTIN, Texas, June 19, 2012 – /PRNewswire/ – Caringo , the leading provider of object storage software, introduces three new products today making it the sole object storage vendor to deliver an entire cloud storage software solution.
The new Elastic Content Protection™, CloudScaler™ and Indexer products, together with the market-leading Object Storage Platform powered by CAStor®, positions Caringo because the only vendor to give a stack of software appliances that interact to offer cloud storage flexible enough to exploit for personal or public clouds and seamlessly scalable from terabytes to petabytes. By providing the total stack, Caringo is in a position to ensure high performance, simple management and interoperability between all components, significantly reducing the complexity linked to open source or cobbled together solutions.
“With the adoption of cloud technologies at an all-time high, the significance of developing interoperable solutions that make it easier for purchasers to implement into their computing environments is a key consideration,” said Kevin Kluge, VP of goods at Citrix. ”What Caringo has done is give organizations the flexibility to integrate their enterprise-grade object storage solution into any platform, and when combined with Citrix CloudPlatform and Apache CloudStack, improves time to marketplace for service providers and bigger enterprises.”
Elastic Content Protection (ECP): Provides the storage industry’s most comprehensive data protection functionality that expands or contracts to fulfill any storage SLA, footprint or accessibility requirement irrespective of capacity or file count.
- Protects terabyte to exabyte scale storage by creating copies (replication) or by dividing original data and parity segments in a technique that data might be recovered with a subset of total segments using less capacity and operational resources than yet another copy (erasure coding)
- Enables the definition of specific levels of protection for various business requirements – use replication for smaller files/clusters or for ‘hot’ frequently accessed files, and erasure coding for larger scale storage
- Uniquely integrated into Caringo’s symmetric architecture so there are not any specialty nodes or single points of failure and all nodes take part in recovery
- Multi-threaded striping ensures that data protection operations don’t impact performance
- Results in 40-70% more efficient space utilization reckoning on protection scheme and use case
“Caringo’s Elastic Content Protection signifies that our mutual customers may be able to gain much more efficient utilization of objects stored on our Ethernet SAN solutions,” said Kevin Brown, CEO of Coraid. ”This addition helps drive the ongoing shift from traditional enterprise architectures to cloud infrastructures with disruptive economics, high performance and extreme flexibility.”
CloudScaler: Enables a company to supply public or private cloud storage as a service. A software gateway appliance that extends the thing Storage Platform with secure multi-tenant features including authentication and authorization of access on a per-call basis, quotas, bandwidth and capacity metering and the flexibility to integrate into 3rd party billing systems.
- A web-based portal for administrators that allows robust tenant management and a scalable portal for end users that offers granular object management
- Can be integrated with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Access Directory (AD) for user authentication
- Leverages CAStor integrated WORM, integrity seal and auditable access functionality to give compliant storage
- Can be configured as public, private or hybrid cloud storage
Indexer: Provides robust insight and intelligence into data stored within the Object Storage Platform.
- A NoSQL data store that indexes all objects in a CAStor cluster and allows searching by filename, universal unique identifier or metadata
- Integrates with CloudScaler portal to give the info in a graphical user interface
- Enables powerful insight being able to look into varying views of information stored
The addition of those three new products solidifies Caringo’s position because the industry leader in multi-tenant, cloud storage. Simple, powerful and efficient object storage which is like S3, but fast, safe and secure for your data center.
“Enterprise storage is at a crossroads,” said Mark Goros, CEO of Caringo. “Traditional file-based storage was not designed for the large capacities and ubiquitous access requirements which can be now expected in every organization. Our complete cloud storage software solution enables any enterprise to optimize storage deployments securely of their data center with access from any platform. System administrators can now manage a petabyte cluster in half-hour delivering elasticity to backend infrastructure along with front end usage.”
Follow Caringo www.caringo.com/twitter
Caringo and CAStor are trademarks of Caringo, Inc. Other companies and products mentioned herein should be would becould very well be trademarks or trade names in their respective owners.
Contact Agency: Mark Smith, JPR Communications 818-884-8282, ext. 15 email@example.com
SOURCE Caringo, Inc.