GFI® Software Creates New Revenue Opportunity for Managed Services Providers …
GFI MAX Managed Online Backup released as demand strengthens for backup services within the cloud
Clearwater, Fla. – May 1, 2012 – GFI Software today announced the addition of GFI MAX Managed Online Backup™ to the GFI MAX RemoteManagement™ managed services platform. The brand new service enables managed services providers (MSPs) so as to add secure data backup to the managed services they could offer customers at a time when demand for online backup continues to rise.
Businesses are increasingly turning to online backup because the importance of securely stored data increases and natural disasters continue to make headlines. As well as business continuity benefits, companies that embrace cloud storage can better manage the price and time needed for data recovery inside the event of a disaster. a up to date report from Gartner predicts that “HDD costs increases by 5% to twenty% in 2012” within the wake of the new flooding in Thailand which decimated an outsized part of the world’s ability to fabricate hard drives.
These costs combined with the exponential growth within the amount of information that companies must store are forcing companies to hunt new how to manage their IT costs without sacrificing storage capabilities, which creates new opportunities for MSPs offering managed online backup. After all , a contemporary survey of GFI MAX customers conducted at GFI’s global partner conferences found that MSPs expect online backup services to be the foremost widely adopted via the cloud within the new year.
“Cloud-based backup is a natural complement to the services that our MSP partners provide throughout the GFI MAX platform,” said Dr. Alistair Forbes, general manager of the GFI MAX Business Unit, GFI Software. “This is our fourth major technology integration into the platform maximising the breadth of services that our partners can manage for his or her customers. GFI MAX Managed Online Backup lets them increase their revenue by providing reasonably priced, highly efficient, encrypted backup just as an increasing number of customers look to adopt cloud services.”
Features and benefits of GFI MAX Managed Online Backup include:
• Powerful security with encrypted IP backup – Data is encrypted at every step of the method, ensuring that files, system states, network shares, exchange stores, SQL server databases and alertness-aware VMware Snapshots remain completely secure both onsite and within the cloud.
• Low bandwidth usage – Using data de-duplication technology, only incremental changes are backed up daily, reducing time and bandwidth resources had to keep data stores recent.
• Rapid restore with “Speed Vault” – The power to simultaneously back up data onsite and within the cloud allows customers to access local data quickly and simply.
• Easy provisioning – IT administrators can specify which files and folders are backed up and determine a schedule that meets an appropriate needs of an organisation.
• Robust reporting – Daily Safety Check monitors the success of daily backups and shows information on all backup sessions within a retention period including usage and charges, demonstrating value to the client.
• Pay-as-you-go pricing – Costs are in keeping with volume of knowledge stored, enabling MSPs to profitably meet the budgetary needs of any customer no matter their size.
A Growing Array Of Managed Services
GFI MAX Managed Online Backup is the newest in a sequence of enhancements made to the GFI MAX RemoteManagement platform. In the course of the GFI MAX RemoteManagement dashboard-with which MSPs remotely manage all in their customers’ networks in a single consolidated view-MSPs could also deploy managed antivirus, patch management and vulnerability scanning, in addition to remotely control desktops and workstations. Additionally, GFI MAX MSPs can deploy GFI MAX MailProtection™ managed email security and GFI MAX MailArchive™ managed email archiving. GFI MAX also enables integration with Professional Services Automation (PSA) platforms from Autotask Corp. and Connectwise.
About GFI Software
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving, backup and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) via an in depth global partner community. GFI products come in either as on-premise solutions, inside the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a powerful think about the original requirements of SMBs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organisations on a world scale. The corporate has offices within the U.s., Uk, Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners during the world and can be a Microsoft Gold ISV Partner.
1 Gartner, Inc., Easy methods to Deal with a global Hard-Disk Shortage in 2012, Valdis Filks, Stanley Zaffos, December 6, 2011.
Copyright © 2011 GFI Software. All rights reserved. All trademarks used are owned by their respective companies. To the very best of our knowledge, all details were correct on the time of publishing; this knowledge is subject to switch without notice